Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rice Crispy Bars~Valentine's Style!

This Valentines day I got such a kick out of my boys.  They are becoming such loving young men.  I hope it sticks and they can bless their wives when they grow up with similar loving, thoughtful acts. My oldest gave me a homemade heart card with $5 in it. The card read "you do so much for us mom and never get your self anything. Here is some money to buy your self something" I love that kid! The middle one made me a card that said "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Sugar is sweet and so are you!"  My youngest gave me a big hug and kiss and said "I love you my mama!"


On that loving note:


I made my boys a special Valentine's treat, rice crispy heart with sprinkles!  They couldn't believe I found sprinkles, it has been years since they have had them.  I am teaching cooking classes and decided that my Sweets 'N' Treats class had to include a good rice crispy bar recipe.  Rice crispy bars are such an easy treat to fix, even for people with food allergies.  .  Now I am all about simple and easy.  I don't like to measure (as I have stated many times before) so dumping out a bag of marshmallows and cereal works for me. 

Here is the simple, yet Delicious recipe!




Rice Crispy Bars




Grease a 9x9 pan with butter or coconut oil.  In a large sauce pot melt butter and  marshmallows over a medium to medium low temperature.  When melted add in vanilla.  In a large bowl, pour out the Crispy Rice cereal.  Pour the melted mixture over the cereal.  Stir until cereal is coated.  Grease your hands with butter or coconut oil, press cereal in pan.  Let rest until cooled.  If you spread it out thinly, they cut well with cookie cutters.
Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment