Thursday, September 1, 2011

And more Zucchini!

Our less then a half acre lot has 28 trees.  Most of which are mature.  I have a ton of shade.  I like the trees, the privacy and shade, but I get sad about my lack of vegetable gardening space.  I have found one of my sunniest spots and each summer attempt to grow something.  Also, most of our trees are evergreen pines and that makes my soil very acidic.  The one thing that grows well is tomatoes.  This year I tried some zucchini and summer squash.  I had several beautiful zucchini and summer squash plants in my small shaded garden, but no fruit.  I had blossoms, bees, water and all the right parts.  I was bummed.  We like both and I have hoped to have some growing in our own soil.  Since I had complete failure in the growing area, I was complaining praying about how bummed I was.  God answered.  I have been given cucumbers, zucchini, and tomatoes by various people.  All whom know nothing about my complaining praying.

And this was just one days worth of someone sharing!
Anyways, we were give soooooo many zucchini, I was almost sorry to see more, but I decided to try some new recipes and rejoice in God's provision.  I already posted my Zucchini Fritters recipe.  I didn't post my Zucchini fries attempt.  It was a bit too much work for me for the end result, especially compared to the fritters.  But I got some great photos.

 






























Anyways, I just had to give glory to God in His answer to my complaining praying.  It is a bit like the story in John 6 about the Jesus feeding the 5,000 people from a few loaves and fish.  And there was even 12 baskets left over.  If you don't know this story, I highly recommend it.  God provides over and above our needs. Even when it is as simple as zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment