God has been talking to me a great deal about prayer. Seems everything I read is on prayer, whether it is on a blog I stumbled onto, or when I randomly open my Bible, or a post on Facebook. It is everywhere. And now He is using my children to reach me.
Just a bit of background:
My sweet littlest guy has begun this knack of asking questions that are so deep and over my head, that I often have to have a 5 minute conversation to just understand what he is asking. Really. He thinks differently then I do. I tend to be concrete absolute and he is abstract as they come. I am orderly, black and white, he is a rainbow whose colors are splashed all over in random bits. But I love him to pieces. He calls me "My Mama," still snuggles me tight (at age 7). When I recently burned my fingers badly, he came over and patted and rubbed my back with huge tears in his eyes said, "Oh my Mama, I love you, I am so sorry you got hurt" Yup, love that kid. However, he tends to wear me out with his Tasmanian like energy.
Today, he just blessed me. He was out in the snow, I called my boys in for school and he said, "My mama, can we stay outside, we are having SO MUCH FUN! And you know what? My mama, God answered my prayer for snow. I simply asked Him and He gave it too me."
Jesus asks us to pray with childlike faith. He asks us to simply believe. Amazing isn't it. I love in the Bible where Jesus teaches the Lord's Prayer:
- "Our Father in heaven,
- hallowed be your name.
- Your kingdom come,
- your will be done,
- on earth as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread,
- and forgive us our debts,
- as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- And lead us not into temptation,
- but deliver us from evil."
- Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4
- Then Jesus goes on to say in Luke 11:11-13 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?...If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children:
how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them
that ask him?