This summer I decided it need a complete and utter make-over. My goal was to spend as little as possible and use what we had on hand. Total cost ended up being time plus $5 for a gallon of paint. SWEET! God is so good, the color I wanted for only $5! Check this out, we were at Menards and I checked out the clearance shelf and there was this beautiful shade of yellow sitting there. I grabbed that baby up and had them re-shake it for me. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I am happy with it.
We pulled everything out (and I mean EVERYTHING) and I spackled the walls. Then sanded. Rewashed the walls and I then painted. As soon as the paint was dried, I started putting things back in. My goal was to NOT put everything back in. I made three piles
Sell (our homeschool group has an upcoming book sale)
Three days later, my project is complete and I think I am ready to start our year. This is a little late for us since we usually homeschool year 'round, but I think it will be so much more enjoyable. Our set up is way different. The bookshelves ended up an another wall but we had to take the door off to do so. But, we never use the door so it doesn't matter. The room seems more open and bright. I still need to recover the chairs and put up curtains, but there isn't a rush for that. Hoping to find a fun print that works for both.
Here are a few pictures: (the yellow looks WAY darker! It is much lighter)
|I know it looks messy still, but it really is organized! Really. Shelves by subject and how often used....|