Sunday, March 3, 2013

25 pounds of WHAT?!?!?

One of our new favorite grains is Teff.  Read more about it here.  My poor, wonderful dearest, you should have seen his face when I asked him to lug these beasts bags inside.



We love Teff pancakes.

We love Teff hot cereal.

We love Teff in our bread mix.

As far as gluten free flours go, it is pretty inexpensive.  But I snagged a deal for a 25 lb. bag of the grain and 25 lb. bag of the flour.  I mean it was a great deal.  Saving me about $1.75 to $2.50 a pound.

What's a 25 lb. bag look like?  Well, bigger then I thought.  Here is a comparison to a 5 lb. bag of flour.



Now to just find a way to safely store it and keep it from going bad.  But I'm not really all that worried.  Those boys eat... A LOT!  Hope they don't get sick of it anytime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment