Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Favorites

August Favorites

Back to school sales   I love the prices and stock up for the whole year.

Minnesota State Fair  First time I went was with my husband when we first started dating.  We have gone every year since that first time.  He even asked me to marry him there during the Steve Miller Band concert when they played our favorite song.  He was creative enough to slip the stage hand an note asking Steve Miller to dedicate the song to us.  Which Steve did.  Pretty cool, huh?!?!  Our children have never missed a State Fair in their lives.  Yup, guess we are die-hards.  Oh, and don't forget the food! Bring on the food!

Lake Elmo Park Reserve  We love their man-made beach that looks like a small lake with sandy shore and bottom.  We go early when its hot and leave when the crowds come later in the day.  A plus is that it is chlorinated.


Harvest- While my garden area is quite small for now, I love that there are things growing and producing food I can pick and serve.  We did pie pumpkins, zucchini, summer squash, some mystery squashes, and 4 kinds of tomato plants.  Can't wait to start harvesting!  (and eating!)

Most of all I love that I get to keep my kids home when everyone else is sending theirs off and then we get to go on great field trips with almost no one around at the museums and parks.  It is almost like having a private opening of the museums and parks.  Love it!


What are your favorite things about August???

No comments:

Post a Comment