Saturday, August 13, 2011

Restoration



As you mamas know (you daddies too) that life is wearing, weary work at times.  We forget to depend on our mighty God and take it all upon ourselves. 

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. - Psalm 62:1


For me, when I get to feeling this way, I know I need a change of scenery.  I feel the deep longing for the peace and serenity of quiet woods.  My soul feels a deep longing to reconnect with God's handiwork and to feel His presence without the daily hustle and bustle of the area we live in.  There is one sermon out of the many I have heard that really sticks with me.  Have we lately spent time listening to God?  Without any noise?  I find that life gets noisy and distracting.  A walk in the woods is a good way to get that true, deep silence to hear His voice.

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.-Psalm 55:22


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28


When I get home from a trip that has been to visit God's natural handiwork, I feel recharged, renewed, and all those good "r" words like that. 

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17



Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. - Psalm 46:10

Now that I have shared a few pictures with you that I have stored away as a mental picture that I can pull out to savor and take a mini-recharge even when I can't get away, what are yours?

See?  Now, savor your mental picture moments that help restore your soul and to reconnect with God.  Find the quiet and restore your heart and soul.  Blessings. ~N.

1 comment: