Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oh My! Just Can't STOP Eating These!!!!

Sometimes when you are allergen free, you hear a recipe and just drool over its description.  There was this great recipe on All Recipe a good friend recommended.  My first thought was, "OH BOY! the guys would just devour those."  So I set out on a quest to recreate them.

My first challenge was to find a cracker.  I settled on this recipe from my friend Michelle's Blog.  If you can do the ingredients, I recommend these crackers.

Saltine Toffee Cookie Recipe
4 ounces saltine crackers (either Glutino or this recipe)
1 cup butter (Earth Balance Soy Free Butter) (or just a little less then one cup)
1 cup dark brown sugar (I prefer organic)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
3/4 cup chopped pecans (make sure they are gluten free, I didn't use any nuts and they were still yummy!)

Directions (taken from All Recipes)

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
  2. Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer. Its ok if they are crumbled a bit.
  3. In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread sauce to cover crackers completely.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. 
  5. Cool completely and break into pieces.  I set mine out in the garage to cool.  
  6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment