Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beating the Blah's of Chicken

Ever had those days where the chicken is still somewhat frozen, its 5:00, and the wild ones are hungry?  And I mean HUNGRY?  And you can't think of what to DO with said STILL frozen chicken?  No time for rice, or anything complicated.

Rustling through my cupboards I stumbled upon a few ingredients.  One of which was balsamic vinegar.  I have been wanting and wanting to do something with it so I figured tonight was the night.

Somewhat thawed chicken slices much easier then fully defrosted chicken, so I decided to do a kinda stir-fry-ish type dish.  I sliced the chicken thin, heated up my pan and QUICKLY browned it in some Earth Balance Soy Free Butter.  I combined my seasonings, poured them over my chicken and let it cook through.  

Meanwhile, I just roasted some summer squash and zucchini drizzled with olive oil and dusted with garlic powder in the oven.

Supper was served in about 20 minutes.  Not to shabby.  And the wild ones were quickly tamed.  (for now!)







Balsamic Vinegar Chicken

2-3 lbs. chicken sliced thinly
2 TBSP Earth Balance Soy Free Butter 
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme (not powdered)
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown chicken in butter.  If there is a LOT of liquid in pan, pour off.  Combine balsamic vinegar and spices, pour over chicken.  Cover and let simmer until done.

The verdict was mixed.  But I found it nummy, worth a repeat.  However next time, I would love to serve it over rice with stir-fry veggies.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment