Monday, October 15, 2012

Kombucha 2.0 Version


As with anything, the more you make it, the more you become an expert at making it.  I have a few new tips and a fun way to JAZZ up your plain ol' kombucha.

1.)  I have found letting the tea bags seep for 10 minutes and THEN adding the sugar and bringing it back to a boil produces a better quality kombucha.  Don't know why, but it works. So, tea first, sugar second.

2.)  JAZZ kombucha is as simple as adding a tablespoon or so of chia seeds.  I am loving the chia seed and have been trying to incorporate it my diet.   When the kombucha is done fermenting, I put it in a bottle with a bit of cranberry juice, fresh squeezed lemon and a tablespoon of chia seed.  If you are using a larger bottle, add three tablespoons.  Let sit for the second ferment for 1-3 days, refrigerate for 1-3 days and then drink.  AHHH!

Need more info on WHY eating CHIA seed is good for you?  Check out my post on CHIA SEEDS.


Like this post and need more information on Kombucha?  Click here, here, and here.

I shared this on

 

No comments:

Post a Comment