Friday, October 19, 2012

Banana Bars

A really good friend of mine (very talented lady, I mean, like, she can do ANYTHING~ photography, homeschool, bake, play sports, art, music etc...) liked my chocolate bars and apple pie cinnamon bars and came up with a banana version.  As you know I like to tweak recipes, so I did, BUT not much.  Enjoy.

I call these Banana Laura Bars in honor of Laura.

1/2 c. ground raw walnuts (I use a coffee grinder to get the texture I like)
1 c. ground raw blanched almonds
1 c. ground cashews
1 t. brown rice syrup or maple syrup
18 pitted dates
3 bananas cut into 1/4 inch slices, (in oven at 210 for 6-8 hours until dried but still soft OR buy banana chips)
1 banana blended in miniprep
1 TBSP honey
2 t. cinnamon
sea salt to taste

In blender or food processor, pluse until mixed together, put in fridge.  Cut and wrap in parchment paper.  Keep in fridge.  If they are still too gooey,   cut into bars, put into dehydrator for an hour (or in oven at 200) until they were "pickupable" without falling apart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment