Thursday, May 26, 2011

We cried "Uncle"

My dad came over one final time to try and get everything done before I was going to host my future sister-in-love's (stole that, but love it) shower.  On the agenda was the crown molding above the cabinets.  Now Dearest Husband hates mitering.  I can do it, but I was super nervous to attempt it on the wood we had bought.  It wasn't cheap and I didn't want to be the one to mess it up.

DH and my dad worked on the crown molding for over 8 hours and got no where.  A huge part of the issue was not having the exact right tools.  Finally they quit.

It was kind of depressing, but we talked and decided that it wasn't a huge deal to not have it done before the shower.  Family is loving and understanding.  Right?

Brian was talking with someone at work and the co-worker's sons are master carpenters.  HMMM, can you see where this is going?  Long story short, one of the sons came over and helped put it up!  WOO HOO!  And I have to mention, it was the day before the shower.  Now that is cutting it close.

Isn't God good?  Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment