Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Nameless Food for Breakfast



When I saw this "recipe" posted, I thought my boys might like it.  They LOVE peppers, they kinda like eggs, and they (of course, who doesn't???) love bacon.

These cute eggs were called flowers in the post, but for my boys, I didn't think that would fly.  I just plain didn't name them.  Hence, the nameless egg thing...

Ingredients

Eggs
peppers in different colors cut crosswise (thickly, 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches)
Coconut oil

Directions

Preheat a cast iron pan, preheat pan with a bit of coconut oil.  Lay the washed and cut peppers in the pan.  Crack ONE egg at time into the opening and press down hard with your spatula so the egg doesn't seep out underneath.  If it does, oh well, cut off the seeped egg before you flip it.  Let the nameless pepper/egg thing sit for a 3-5 minutes until it seems to begin to solidify.  CAREFULLY flip over.  I had about a 50/50 chance of getting it.  I think I could have cooked the first side longer.  Let the nameless thing cook about 3-5 minutes more and then serve.

I don't know if I would make them again, but they sure were cute, well, the ones that turned out, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment