Saturday, June 16, 2012

Black Bean Burgers

I recently posted about how I soaked black beans... for the very first time... here.  And now, dang it all, I have to actually DO something with the equivalent of 6 cans of beans!  No, no, just kidding, in all truth I already have a huge stack of recipes to try with black beans. 'Cause I am the recipe junkie, remember?

Now, my dearest and I, did NOT grow up eating beans.  Also, I am just a wee, bit texture sensitive and beans seem super mushy to me.  But I really want to expand my boy's diets and beans seem a good way to go.

The first recipe I am tackling is a Black Bean Burger Recipe.  It was recommended to me by a good friend who has a child with similar food allergies.  Her family LOVED it.  So I combed the internet and found several recipes.  Basically it consists of black beans (well duh!), bread crumbs, an egg, some seasonings.

After some tweaking, here is what I came up with:

Black Bean Burgers Allergen free version

3 cups soaked and cooked black beans
1/2 onion minced or 2 tsp onion powder
2 garlic cloves or 2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp egg replacer or 1 egg
2 tsp chili powder (or less if this is too spicy for you!)
1/2 to 1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup bread crumbs (GF of course)

Optional:
pepper
Tabasco sauce (I added three good shakes)

I simply pulsed all the ingredients in my blender then blended on high until I was happy with the consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment