Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ranch Fries

Since I found a recipe that worked for ranch dressing, I have used the dry mix in a few oh, so yummy ways!  I used it on a roast in the crock pot (was delicious) and I used it to season potato slices.  I just had to share it with you!

1.) Soak potatoes in water and apple cider vinegar to loosen dirt.  I let them sit for about 30 minutes.  I then rinsed them and lightly scrubbed the outside and rinsed again.
2.) Slice thinly in to circles OR cut into fry shapes.  Either works.
3.) Soak in water with a tablespoon of salt for about 30 minutes.
4.) Rinse and pat dry on a towel
5.) I placed mine on parchment paper, sprayed with olive oil, and salted them.

Optional:

Ranch Fries
After spraying with olive oil,  shake the following dry mixture over potatoes.  Add extra sea salt if needed.

1/2 tsp chives (dried)
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp garlic (I love my garlic!)  Use less if it is too strong
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 sea salt
1/8 black pepper freshly ground (optional~ we don't use pepper)

(This is the dry part I add to make homemade Ranch dressing)


Yes, those are chocolate chip cookies in the back ground, this mama has got to multi-task.  :)

I saved a spice jar, mixed my own ranch mix and shook it over the potatoes.

Yes, the boys ate ALL of those potatoes, ALWAYS make more then you think they will eat.  ALWAYS!

Coated with dry ranch seasoning.
I shared this post on GNOWFGLINS, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment