Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Meal Success!

Most people spend Thanksgiving around the table with extended family and enjoy a day of leisure.  In our home, my dearest has to work (darn retail) and our plans have changed a bit.  We now eat our dinner with our little immediate family as soon as he walks in the door from work and then we head off for dessert at my in-laws and then my parents (yes we eat twice, in fact in years past we ate TWO thanksgiving meals so we wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings~ talk about STUFFING  LOL)

Since we cook a totally allergen free Thanksgiving, I thought it might be worthy of sharing.  Last  year was the first time my children have sat down to a holiday meal and they could eat everything.  There was not one food they had to pass on.  That being said, I don't mean they didn't eat on other holidays, they just had their "special" food I packed along.  Last year I only made food that fit their allergies.  And you know what?  It was good.  Everyone ate and enjoyed it.

For you allergen free people, here's the menu.  Hopefully, there will be foods you can enjoy at home OR bring with to grandma's.  Some are new yummy recipes, some are recipes that have already been posted.  Regardless, ENJOY!

On the Menu:

Turkey
Butternut Squash Soup

Cranberry Sauce

Gravy

Pumpkin Bread

Mashed Potatoes (Made with creamed cauliflower and a bit of coconut milk, yum!)


Rolls (used my standard bread recipe.)

Sweet Potato Bake

Creamed Corn 

Stuffing 

Jello (first time my kids had it, they didn't even know what it was called.  I got a kick out of that!  And it was better then regular Jello brand jello.)  Serve with Rich's Rich Whip

Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream (my gluten loving husband even liked it.  He even liked the crust!  Sweet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment