Monday, April 25, 2011

Who knew?

I am in LOVE with my new countertops!

After being so disappointed by the flooring, I as dreading picking up the countertops.  Hubby opened the box and I almost cried!  I loved them.  The color was perfect.  More then made up for the flooring. 

The next day Hubby was off.  I was so excited about the countertops, I think he knew the countertops were the next project to tackle.  And TODAY was the day they were going in.

For never having installed countertops, I think we did a great job!  It took most of the day, but we got them in with little problem.  There is a gap on the back where the walls aren't even, but the backsplash will hide that.  Where they touch the wall and the wall is crooked, I sanded, scraped, and filled in with joint compound (love that stuff!).  We reused the old sink.

Now, if I had know countertops (laminate) where inexpensive and easy to replace (somewhat) I probably would have done it years ago.


Anyways, here they are, my new countertops....

No comments:

Post a Comment